Behaviour of druid in absence of all the historical nodes

I was reading through the documentation, and it said that in case of a historical node going down ,coordinator will wait for a configurable amount of time before re-assigning the “segments” served by the crashed node.
My question is that during the time when all segments are not loaded yet in the new historical node,will the queries executed during that time return partial results?

If yes,is it possible to know at the query time whether the results are complete or partial?

Thanks

Rohit

does this fix your issue
https://github.com/druid-io/druid/pull/2058

Slim,
I have similar concerns as “drcrallen” has mentioned in the pull request comments i.e

This PR will only let the user know if one full day of data is missing whereas my requirement is to let the user know when he query result is partial due to segment loading still being in process.

Thanks

Rohit

If you have multiple shards for the span of some interval and your segments are partition numbered, queries on a missing interval with multiple partitions do not return results unless all partitions are present. The only shard spec that violates this is linear shard spec, which is why we usually use numbered shard spec for realtime ingestion instead.