Cannot connect Superset to Druid

Hi,

I have Apache Superset running on an EC2 instance which I can access through its public IP address. I’m trying add a Druid cluster to superset.

I have druid running on AWS EMR master cluster in single server mode.

After setting up druid I have started it using the following command -> nohup ./bin/start-single-server-meduim &

I have attached the screenshot of how I’m trying to connect to druid. But I’m not able to connect to it.

Can somebody help me out. I’m really new to AWS and BigData, so I might be doing something completely wrong.

Please let me know if you need any other information regarding my superset or druid setup.

Thanks,

Darshan

Darshan;

Have you checked this article? https://support.imply.io/hc/en-us/articles/360002180174-How-to-connect-Druid-cluster-with-SuperSet

Hi Daniel,

Yes I kinda did.

I’m not really able to access the druid console on my EMR machine. ( Could use some help there also, but thats a question for another day as I don’t really need the console right now)

I added the below properties in the common.runtime.properties in the directory -->
apache-druid-0.15.0-incubating/conf/druid/single-server/medium/_common/

druid.enablePlaintextPort=true

druid.auth.authenticatorChain=[“allowAll”]

druid.escalator.authorizerName=allowAll

druid.escalator.type=noop

druid.auth.authorizers=[“allowAll”]

druid.auth.authenticator.allowAll.type=allowAll

druid.auth.authorizer.allowAll.type=allowAll

But my druid services start failing with the below error message after I add the above properties.

Unexpected token (END_OBJECT), expected FIELD_NAME: missing property ‘type’ that is to contain type id (for class org.apache.druid.server.security.Authenticator)

Thanks,

Darshan