Downloading all dependecies offline

I am having lot of trouble in downloading druid dependencies offline.
My office network blocks almost every JAR and it blocks the maven repos from which dependencies are downloaded.

I fact it is not allowing me now to download the latest druid version. So I am on druid 0.7.1.

I am trying to download the repos offline at my home and send them here over mail :’(

However at home I have druid 0.7.3 downloaded.

I need postgres and hdfs extensions.

So I added the extension $DRUID_HOME/config/_common/common.runtime.properties

druid.extensions.coordinates=[“io.druid.extensions:postgresql-metadata-storage”]

druid.extensions.remoteRepositories=

druid.extensions.localRepository=local-extensions-repo

And run the command as follows:

java -cp “/opt/druid/config/_common:/opt/druid/lib/*” io.druid.cli.Main tools pull-deps

But now when I set same extensions in my office druid 0.7.1.1 and start indexed as follows:

java -Xmx2g -Duser.timezone=UTC -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -classpath config/_common:lib/*:config/overlord io.druid.cli.Main server overlord

It gave following exception:

2015-09-24T07:21:38,173 ERROR [main] io.druid.initialization.Initialization - Unable to resolve artifacts for [io.druid.extensions:postgresql-metadata-storage:jar:0.7.1.1 (runtime) -> < ].

org.eclipse.aether.resolution.DependencyResolutionException: Could not find artifact io.druid.extensions:postgresql-metadata-storage:jar:0.7.1.1

at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultRepositorySystem.resolveDependencies(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:384) ~[aether-impl-0.9.0.M2.jar:?]

:

:

I can see that this is related to vesion mismatch. But then how can I download repos for desired versions for desired extensions?

1. Do I need to have same druid installed at other machine at home too?

2. Do earlier versions of druid are available for download?

3. Is there any webpage / tut explaining how to use tools pull-deps ?

Hi Mahesh, please see inline.

I am having lot of trouble in downloading druid dependencies offline.
My office network blocks almost every JAR and it blocks the maven repos from which dependencies are downloaded.

I fact it is not allowing me now to download the latest druid version. So I am on druid 0.7.1.

I am trying to download the repos offline at my home and send them here over mail :’(

However at home I have druid 0.7.3 downloaded.

I need postgres and hdfs extensions.

So I added the extension $DRUID_HOME/config/_common/common.runtime.properties

druid.extensions.coordinates=[“io.druid.extensions:postgresql-metadata-storage”]

druid.extensions.remoteRepositories=

druid.extensions.localRepository=local-extensions-repo

And run the command as follows:

java -cp “/opt/druid/config/_common:/opt/druid/lib/*” io.druid.cli.Main tools pull-deps

What is the output of pull-deps? Does the command run correctly?

But now when I set same extensions in my office druid 0.7.1.1 and start indexed as follows:

java -Xmx2g -Duser.timezone=UTC -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -classpath config/_common:lib/*:config/overlord io.druid.cli.Main server overlord

It gave following exception:

2015-09-24T07:21:38,173 ERROR [main] io.druid.initialization.Initialization - Unable to resolve artifacts for [io.druid.extensions:postgresql-metadata-storage:jar:0.7.1.1 (runtime) -> < ].

org.eclipse.aether.resolution.DependencyResolutionException: Could not find artifact io.druid.extensions:postgresql-metadata-storage:jar:0.7.1.1

at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultRepositorySystem.resolveDependencies(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:384) ~[aether-impl-0.9.0.M2.jar:?]
                :
                :

I can see that this is related to vesion mismatch. But then how can I download repos for desired versions for desired extensions?

Can you share your common configuration files? I want to double check the configs make sense.

1. Do I need to have same druid installed at other machine at home too?

I don’t fully understand this question.

1. Do earlier versions of druid are available for download?

Yes, every version of Druid is available in S3.

1. Is there any webpage / tut explaining how to use tools pull-deps ?

Your best bet is here:

FWIW, we are reworking the entire extensions system (https://github.com/druid-io/druid/pull/1638) so people behind a firewall no longer have this problem.