Druid-cassandra-storage error

Hi guys,

I am working Apache Druid and using Cassandra as a deep storage but i am facing issue while writing to Cassandra. These are my versions that i am using.

1- Druid 0.9.2

2- druid-cassandra-storage: 0.8.2

3- Cassandra version 3.0.7

This is error logs that i am getting, to me it’s seems to be jars version issue. Can you please guide me regarding correct jar versions.

**2017-01-09T12:42:50,992 ERROR [main] io.druid.cli.CliPeon - Error when starting up.  Failing.
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.AbstractMethodError: io.druid.storage.cassandra.CassandraDataSegmentPusher.getPathForHadoop()Ljava/lang/String;**
	at com.google.common.base.Throwables.propagate(Throwables.java:160) ~[guava-16.0.1.jar:?]
	at io.druid.indexing.worker.executor.ExecutorLifecycle.join(ExecutorLifecycle.java:211) ~[druid-indexing-service-0.9.2.jar:0.9.2]
	at io.druid.cli.CliPeon.run(CliPeon.java:287) [druid-services-0.9.2.jar:0.9.2]
	at io.druid.cli.Main.main(Main.java:106) [druid-services-0.9.2.jar:0.9.2]
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.AbstractMethodError: io.druid.storage.cassandra.CassandraDataSegmentPusher.getPathForHadoop()Ljava/lang/String;
	at com.google.common.util.concurrent.AbstractFuture$Sync.getValue(AbstractFuture.java:299) ~[guava-16.0.1.jar:?]
	at com.google.common.util.concurrent.AbstractFuture$Sync.get(AbstractFuture.java:286) ~[guava-16.0.1.jar:?]
	at com.google.common.util.concurrent.AbstractFuture.get(AbstractFuture.java:116) ~[guava-16.0.1.jar:?]
	at io.druid.indexing.worker.executor.ExecutorLifecycle.join(ExecutorLifecycle.java:208) ~[druid-indexing-service-0.9.2.jar:0.9.2]
	... 2 more
Caused by: java.lang.AbstractMethodError: io.druid.storage.cassandra.CassandraDataSegmentPusher.getPathForHadoop()Ljava/lang/String;
	at io.druid.indexing.common.task.HadoopIndexTask.run(HadoopIndexTask.java:180) ~[druid-indexing-service-0.9.2.jar:0.9.2]
	at io.druid.indexing.overlord.ThreadPoolTaskRunner$ThreadPoolTaskRunnerCallable.call(ThreadPoolTaskRunner.java:436) ~[druid-indexing-service-0.9.2.jar:0.9.2]
	at io.druid.indexing.overlord.ThreadPoolTaskRunner$ThreadPoolTaskRunnerCallable.call(ThreadPoolTaskRunner.java:408) ~[druid-indexing-service-0.9.2.jar:0.9.2]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) ~[?:1.8.0_101]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) ~[?:1.8.0_101]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) ~[?:1.8.0_101]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) ~[?:1.8.0_101]

Your version of druid-cassandra-storage needs to match your version of Druid. Also keep in mind that druid-cassandra-storage uses Astyanax, which has been retired and may not support recent versions of Cassandra: http://techblog.netflix.com/2016/02/astyanax-retiring-old-friend.html. If you have access to HDFS or S3, those deep storages are in a much better state of supportedness.