Druid inbuild autoscale support for non amazon and google cloud services

Hi,

Want to know whether Druid supports middle manager autoscale ( Overlord Process · Apache Druid ) for non amazon and non google services .

tried with ,Overlord dynamic config :
{
** “type”: “default”,**
** “selectStrategy”: null,**
** “autoScaler”: {**
** “type”: “NoopAutoScaler”**
** }**
}

also in overloed pod log :

2022-03-28T05:18:13,536 INFO [SimpleResourceManagement-manager–0] org.apache.druid.indexing.overlord.autoscaling.NoopAutoScaler - I’m not a real strategy so I’m returning what I got [druid-middle-manager-1.druid-middle-manager.druid.svc.cluster.local, druid-middle-manager-0.druid-middle-manager.druid.svc.cluster.local]
2022-03-28T05:18:13,536 INFO [SimpleResourceManagement-manager–0] org.apache.druid.indexing.overlord.autoscaling.SimpleWorkerProvisioningStrategy - Starting with a target of 0 workers (current = 0, min = 0, max = 0).
2022-03-28T05:18:13,536 INFO [SimpleResourceManagement-manager–0] org.apache.druid.indexing.overlord.autoscaling.SimpleWorkerProvisioningStrategy - Our target is 0 workers, and I’m okay with that (current = 0, min = 0, max = 0).

I’m not finding much beyond what you’ve cited. This language might be illuminating:

This system was added pretty early in Druid’s life, and was meant for a pretty narrow use case (basically, something that would be useful for one particular team). I am sure the design could be improved in various ways. If you are interested, check out “EC2AutoScaler” in the Druid codebase.