Druid kerberos Error: org.apache.druid.security.kerberos.KerberosAuthenticator - AuthenticationToken ignored: org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.util.SignerException: Invalid signed text:

Hi Team,

Could anyone share some insight on what could be a possible resolution for following error aftre enabling kerberos

org.apache.druid.security.kerberos.KerberosAuthenticator - AuthenticationToken ignored: org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.util.SignerException: Invalid signed text:

I am able to query druid using borker URL, and submit supervisor spec also using curl command.

But while open Overlord console, see 403 error in browser console

POST https://:/druid/v2/sql 403 (org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.util.SignerException: Invalid signed text:)

Thanks

Soumya

Hi Soumya,
The issue you mentioned looks similar to the one here

Hello Soumya
I’m also facing the same issue. Did you manage to solve it?

The link posted by Siva, from Cloudera community, i confirmed that all the steps were followed, but i’m still facing the error.

Thanks

Paula

So i found what was the issue.
I had removed the druid-hdfs-storage,extension because i thought it was only used if we were using HDFS as deep storage (since i’m on a testing env i’m using local).

I’m not sure if this extension loads something that is needed for the authentication part (i know the druid Kerberos implementation is based on the Hadoop one), but the fact is that adding to it, the error is no longer happening,

Thanks

Paula