Error : Could not resolve type id 'kafka-0.8'

Hi,

I am using druid-0.8.2. I am trying to run the realtime firehose example using kafka and I am facing an error specified below.

Please help.

Error injecting constructor, java.lang.RuntimeException: com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonMappingException: Could not resolve type id ‘kafka-0.8’ into a subtype of [simple type, class io.druid.data.input.FirehoseFactory]

at [Source: config/realtime/realtime.spec; line: 45, column: 9] (through reference chain: java.util.ArrayList[0])

at io.druid.guice.FireDepartmentsProvider.(FireDepartmentsProvider.java:41)

while locating io.druid.guice.FireDepartmentsProvider

at io.druid.guice.RealtimeModule.configure(RealtimeModule.java:79)

while locating java.util.List<io.druid.segment.realtime.FireDepartment>

for parameter 0 at io.druid.segment.realtime.RealtimeManager.(RealtimeManager.java:81)

while locating io.druid.segment.realtime.RealtimeManager

at io.druid.guice.RealtimeModule.configure(RealtimeModule.java:83)

while locating io.druid.query.QuerySegmentWalker

for parameter 3 at io.druid.server.QueryResource.(QueryResource.java:90)

while locating io.druid.server.QueryResource

Thanks,

Apurba Pandey

Hey Apurba,

In general this happens when Druid hasn’t loaded the kafka 0.8 extension. Make sure that your common.runtime.properties file contains a line specifying the Kafka extension coordinates:

druid.extensions.coordinates=[“io.druid.extensions:druid-kafka-eight”]

Also make sure that it has a property for the path to the extension repository, similar to ‘druid.extensions.localRepository=extensions-repo’ and that the extension JAR is present at the referenced path (e.g. extensions-repo/io/druid/extensions/druid-kafka-eight/0.8.2)

Thanks a lot David. It worked.

Thanks,

Apurba Pandey