Error trying to start the coordinator

Hi All,

I am running into an issue while trying to start the coordinator. Any help regarding this would be highly appreciated. Here is the short error log, detailed error log is attached.

Error when starting up. Failing.

com.google.inject.ProvisionException: Unable to provision, see the following errors:

1. Unknown provider[mysql] of Key[type=io.druid.metadata.MetadataStorageConnector, annotation=[none]], known options[[derby]]

at io.druid.guice.PolyBind.createChoiceWithDefault(PolyBind.java:86) (via modules: com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule -> com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule -> io.druid.metadata.storage.derby.DerbyMetadataStorageDruidModule)

while locating io.druid.metadata.MetadataStorageConnector

for the 1st parameter of io.druid.guice.JacksonConfigManagerModule.getConfigManager(JacksonConfigManagerModule.java:52)

at io.druid.guice.JacksonConfigManagerModule.getConfigManager(JacksonConfigManagerModule.java:52) (via modules: com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule -> com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule -> io.druid.guice.JacksonConfigManagerModule)

while locating io.druid.common.config.ConfigManager

for the 1st parameter of io.druid.common.config.JacksonConfigManager.(JacksonConfigManager.java:48)

at io.druid.guice.JacksonConfigManagerModule.configure(JacksonConfigManagerModule.java:41) (via modules: com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule -> com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule -> io.druid.guice.JacksonConfigManagerModule)

while locating io.druid.common.config.JacksonConfigManager

for the 3rd parameter of io.druid.server.coordinator.DruidCoordinator.(DruidCoordinator.java:152)

at io.druid.cli.CliCoordinator$1.configure(CliCoordinator.java:149) (via modules: com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule -> com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule -> io.druid.cli.CliCoordinator$1)

while locating io.druid.server.coordinator.DruidCoordinator

1. Unknown provider[mysql] of Key[type=io.druid.metadata.SQLMetadataConnector, annotation=[none]], known options[[derby]]

at io.druid.guice.PolyBind.createChoiceWithDefault(PolyBind.java:86) (via modules: com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule -> com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule -> io.druid.metadata.storage.derby.DerbyMetadataStorageDruidModule)

while locating io.druid.metadata.SQLMetadataConnector

Also attaching the common.runtime.properties file. I made sure I checked to see that the metadata database is accessible from the host (where I am trying to start the coordinator). Let me know if you need any further information. Thanks

PS: greying out some information in the properties file due to company policies.

Cheers

common.runtime.properties (1.91 KB)

error.txt (9.1 KB)

Figured it out. It was due to change in runtime.properties file for extensions in 0.9.2.

Hey I am facing the same issue for sql server, how did you solve it, can you explain

Hi,

Did you setup the mysql metadata storage extension and the related configurations properly ? Details available at https://druid.apache.org/docs/latest/development/extensions-core/mysql.html

Manu