Failed to create directory

Hi all,

I’ve made a configuration error somewhere in my environment and I cannot submit a Kafka supervisor spec at the moment. The request returns with:

{“error”:“Instantiation of [simple type, class io.druid.indexing.kafka.KafkaTuningConfig] value failed: Failed to create directory within 10000 attempts (tried 1470845895301-0 to 1470845895301-9999)”}

I do not see any errors in the overlord logs. 1. Is there any way to get a stack trace back from the server - or where should I be looking for the error in logs? 2. Where is it trying to create the directory? It would be nice if the error contained the full path.

Thanks,

I found the issue - it was a bad path in the jvm config, however my questions about being able to get a stack trace back from the API or otherwise how to find the error in the logs still stand.

Thanks,

–Ben

I’ve run into that before too, I should have filed an issue for it then. Better late than never: https://github.com/druid-io/druid/issues/3347

I too have run into this issue; my problem was the java.io.tmpdir directory was not created; manually creating the directory solved the issue.