Hadoop indexing task fails with -- Conflicting property name definitions: 'maxRowsInMemory' error

Hello All,

I have been trying to get druid indexing to work with Hortonworks Data Platform 2.4. Based on the errors encountered during my workout, i had to create a new build for druid based on instructions available online. My current druid config is – druid 0.9.2, hadoop-client 2.7.1, jackson 2.3.1 and guice 3.0; rest other components are with out of box config.

I was able to get the binaries placed on my RHEL server and get all the druid services started without any errors. However, when i try to run a indexing job i am getting the below mentioned error( i am trying to run the quickstart/json spec to perform the test indexing task):

task ---- curl -X ‘POST’ -H ‘Content-Type:application/json’ -d @quickstart/wikiticker-index.json http://:8090/druid/indexer/v1/task

Error —

Error 500

HTTP ERROR: 500

Problem accessing /druid/indexer/v1/task. Reason:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Conflicting property name definitions: 'maxRowsInMemory' (for [method io.druid.indexer.HadoopTuningConfig#getRowFlushBoundary(0 params)]) vs 'rowFlushBoundary' (for [parameter #13, annotations: {interface com.fasterxml.jackson.annotation.JsonProperty=@com.fasterxml.jackson.annotation.JsonProperty(value=rowFlushBoundary, required=false)}])