How to disable the default LoadForever rule?

Hi Guys:

These days I tried to delete the default loadForever rule on a datasource,But I found no method on the API document. So I delete the default rule record in rule table.

But when the coordinator restart, the default loadFlorever rule occured again. Is there any other method to disable the default loadForever rule on one datasource?

I don’t know if it can be deleted or not, but I think what you want to do is overwrite the rule with something else. As said in the docs, “Rules are read in order and hence the ordering of rules is important”. Here is a ruleset I’m using to retain the last 35 days of data:

Here’s how it looks in the coordinator console:

As you can see, the loadForever rule is still there, but it is being overshadowed by the other rules.

¨

Hey Gang,

John is right. The best way to override the default loadForever rule is to have your own “forever” rule for a datasource; either a loadForever or dropForever as desired.

Hi John:

In my coordinator web page, I can not find loadForever rule in rule edit page.How could I solve it?

在 2016年9月29日星期四 UTC+8下午3:49:42,John Schmidt写道:

Hi Gian:

In my coordinator web page, I can not find loadForever rule in rule edit page.How could I solve it?

在 2016年9月30日星期五 UTC+8上午3:00:01,Gian Merlino写道:

In the top left corner there is a pencil icon to change rules. You can also change the _default rule that applies to all datasources.

It works.Thank you very much.

在 2016年10月8日星期六 UTC+8上午5:56:23,Fangjin Yang写道: