Important- Change in timestamp in druid query results

Hello,
My data lies in interval 2013-01-01 to 2015-12-31. But when I query druid with time granularity as ‘one year’, the returned results contain ‘2012-12-21’ as one entry in result.
Why would it return so? It doesn’t matches with the timestamp of data I ingested in druid. Please help me out.
Thanks,
Rajnandini

I guess the record might have been there from a previous index task ?

have you tried running a timeboundary query to know the earliest timestamp in your dataset ?

hello,
there is no data having timestamp as 2012-XX-XX . When I query count using year as time granularity, it says {“timestamp” : “2012-XX-XX”, “count”:some_integer } something like this. I want to know, how druid decides timestamp boundaries while returning query results.
Thanks

timeboundary query will give you the start and end timestamp of the data loaded in druid.
What is the result of timeboundary query ?

Hello,
The time-boundray query returns 2013-01-01 to 2015-12-31 interval. Means my data lies entirely in that interval, r8? Then is it like druid determines the time boundary for the result differently like for year granularity, it takes 2012-12-10 to 2013-12-10 as one year?
Thanks,
Rajnandini

Yes, timeboundary indicates your data interval. Druid will group results based on the granularity in your query (day, hour, month, etc).