Is it possible to filter and aggregate on different intervals

My use case is

• Find set of users with a specific attribute on day n.

• Aggregate on a measure for day range n to n+7 for the users in that set.

Is there an optimal way to achieve that without resorting to 2 queries. Approximates will work.

This might be a use case not fit for druid, but I guess no harm asking.

Let us say that we looking at last 14 days of data. The use case looks like this

• All users that have the attribute in the 14th day ( as in 14 days ago ), should reflect the aggregation from 7-14 time frame ( 7 days )

• All users that have the attribute in the 13th day ( as in 13 days ago ), should reflect the aggregation from 6-13 time frame ( 7 days )

• All users that have the attribute in the 8th day ( as in 8 days ago ), should reflect the aggregation from 1-7 time frame. ( 7 days )

And each input row knows when the event occurred, as in it knows that the event occurred n days ago.

And we need to get the aggregate of the measure for the 7-14 interval. Each measure is an aggregate of the leading 7 days.

The way I think it could be done is to have 14 dimensions

offset_1

offset_2

offset_7

where offset represents that bucket that the raw row has to be pushed in based on when the attribute appeared. Thus if druid gets a row today with an event for offset_7 as in the event occurred7 days ago, the measure is put in that bucket ( offset_7, rest being nulls/0 ).

In the post aggregations for a target day we look at the aggregates for each bucket ( partitioned on time of course ) for the relative days and aggregate.

For example is the query is for today, the interval is (7-14) days ago, and we aggregate up the offsets ( 1-7 ) for that interval.

Does that sound feasible. I could not come up with any other way.