KafkaSupervisor problem - Task [...] failed to return start time, killing task

Hi, can someone guide me how to solve the problem reported from KafkaSupervisor:
io.druid.indexing.kafka.supervisor.KafkaSupervisor - Task […] failed to return start time, killing task

When checking the source-code i found the source the comment I should have a HTTP Request problem… but where can i find those logs to continue my problem search.

Sourcecode below:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid/blob/master/indexing-service/src/main/java/org/apache/druid/indexing/seekablestream/supervisor/SeekableStreamSupervisor.java

List results = Futures.successfulAsList(futures).get(futureTimeoutInSeconds, TimeUnit.SECONDS);

for (int i = 0; i < results.size(); i++) {

// false means the task hasn’t started running yet and that’s okay; null means it should be running but the HTTP

// request threw an exception so kill the task

if (results.get(i) == null) {

String taskId = futureTaskIds.get(i);

log.warn(“Task [%s] failed to return start time, killing task”, taskId);

killTask(taskId, “Task [%s] failed to return start time, killing task”, taskId);

}

}

Johan,

You can check it at Overlord and MiddleManager logs.

Rommel Garcia

Hey Johan,

It could also be a timeout from the task - maybe it took too long to start up. You could try double-checking that they all start up in a timely manner, and you don’t have a bunch of pending tasks or tasks that aren’t fully starting up straight away (check their logs; something might be delaying them from being fully available).