Materialized View usage example

Hi.
I am trying to buildmaterialized-view-maintenance but it fails with the following error:

{

“error”: “Could not resolve type id ‘derivativeDataSource’ into a subtype of [simple type, class org.apache.druid.indexing.common.task.Task]: known type ids = [Task, append, archive, compact, index, index_hadoop, index_kafka, index_parallel, index_realtime, index_realtime_appenderator, index_sub, kill, merge, move, noop, restore, same_interval_merge]\n at [Source: HttpInputOverHTTP@591214bd[c=353,q=0,[0]=null,s=STREAM]; line: 1, column: 3]”

}

``

I am using the same url […/druid/indexer/v1/task] for ingestion tasks and it works fine.

Should I point to the different url?

What will happen when I add data to the base data source, will the view be updated automatically?

Make sure to load materialized-view-selection on broker and load materialized-view-maintenance on overlord. Also you will require hadoop cluster. Your error may be due to either “materialized-view-maintenance” is not loaded or there’s some issue while loading because your error is related to “derivativeDataSource” not identified.

Are you following this: https://druid.apache.org/docs/latest/development/extensions-contrib/materialized-view.html