Not able to"Enable" the datasource after disabling it

Hi,

I am using 0.15 version. I started druid services using “micro quick start”.

I loaded sample data (2 days, 4 rows), so it created 2 segments; using unified console.

In the unified console, in actions i selected “Drop datasource (disable)”. This removed all segments from segment-cache (segments retained in deep storage) and marked datasource as “Disabled”.

After that i selected “Enable” option in the actions of unified console. But it never got enabled. Meaning the datasource continued to show it as “Disabled”. I waited for a lot time and also i restarted all druid services multiple times. So i gave up and selected “Permanently Delete (kill task)”. This got the segments deleted from deepstorage.

So the question is is it not possible to enable datasource after it has been disabled?

Regards, Chari.

Hi,

If we check the meta-DB, the druid segments will be set to false. If we update the segments to “true”, the data source will be shown as enabled in the druid console.

Can you do the following and check if this works.

Thanks,

Hemanth

Hi Hemanth,

Thanks. That works.

Regards, Chari.

Hi Hemanth! can you show me where it can be enable and how? cause I’ve recently drop my datasource by mistake and now do not know how to bring it back.

Hi Umar,

I believe the only way to enable a Data-source again is to set the segments to “true” in the metadata-DB for druid_segments. below is the query which we can run

UPDATE DRUID_SEGMENTS SET USED=true where DATASOURCE=’’;

Releace to the name of the actual data-souce.

This will load all the segments again in the historical nodes and you can get back your Data-source in the Druid.

Thanks,

Hemanth