NPE in batch ingestion job

Hi,

I am new to druid. I am trying to do a batch ingestion job but getting the following NPE

2017-11-28 21:12:57,507 WARN [main] org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild: Exception running child : io.druid.java.util.common.RE: Failure on row[{"visitor_id": "*****", "moniker_site": "**", "device_type": "***", "browser_name": "***"}]
	at io.druid.indexer.HadoopDruidIndexerMapper.map(HadoopDruidIndexerMapper.java:91)
	at io.druid.indexer.DetermineHashedPartitionsJob$DetermineCardinalityMapper.run(DetermineHashedPartitionsJob.java:285)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runNewMapper(MapTask.java:787)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.run(MapTask.java:341)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild$2.run(YarnChild.java:168)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:422)
	at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1724)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild.main(YarnChild.java:162)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at io.druid.data.input.MapBasedRow.getTimestampFromEpoch(MapBasedRow.java:76)
	at io.druid.indexer.HadoopDruidIndexerMapper.map(HadoopDruidIndexerMapper.java:85)

I am not sure what is wrong.. Attaching my json file https://pastebin.com/0NDzVZs2

Any help is appreciated

Thanks,
Sid

Your row is missing dateid?

I figured out the issue. It was an issue with dateid parsing. Druid was unable to parse the column dateid.

Hi Siddharth,

Can you please elaborate the fix you gave for the above data parsing issue? I am getting the same problem while ingesting data to druid.

Thanks in Advance.

Srinivas Katta

this seems a miss configuration issue.

You need to make sure that the map reduce job is running with -Duser.timezone=UTC

you can set that using druid.indexer.runner.javaOpts or also you can use

druid.indexer.fork.property.hadoop.mapreduce.reduce.java.opts=-Duser.timezone=UTC -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8