NPE / Peon (running index task)

Hi,

Initially I got a DirectMemory capacity issue, so I configured supervisor to start the jvms with

-Ddruid.indexer.fork.property.druid.processing.buffer.sizeBytes=512000

-Ddruid.processing.buffer.sizeBytes=512000

Now another exception occurs:

2015-10-05T14:12:59,209 INFO [main] io.druid.indexing.common.actions.LocalTaskActionClient - Performing action for task[index_wikipedia_2015-10-05T14:12:53.318Z]: LockTryAcquireAction{interval=2013-08-31T

00:00:00.000Z/2013-09-01T00:00:00.000Z}

2015-10-05T14:12:59,211 WARN [main] io.druid.guice.LifecycleScope - Caught exception when trying to create a[Key[type=io.druid.indexing.worker.executor.ExecutorLifecycle, annotation=[none]]]

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_60]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_60]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_60]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497) ~[?:1.8.0_60]

at com.metamx.common.lifecycle.Lifecycle$AnnotationBasedHandler.start(Lifecycle.java:325) ~[druid-services-master-selfcontained.jar:master]

at com.metamx.common.lifecycle.Lifecycle.addMaybeStartHandler(Lifecycle.java:230) ~[druid-services-master-selfcontained.jar:master]

at com.metamx.common.lifecycle.Lifecycle.addMaybeStartManagedInstance(Lifecycle.java:176) ~[druid-services-master-selfcontained.jar:master]

at io.druid.guice.LifecycleScope$1.get(LifecycleScope.java:76) [druid-services-master-selfcontained.jar:master]

at com.google.inject.internal.InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.get(InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.java:41) [druid-services-master-selfcontained.jar:master]

at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl$3$1.call(InjectorImpl.java:1005) [druid-services-master-selfcontained.jar:master]

at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.callInContext(InjectorImpl.java:1051) [druid-services-master-selfcontained.jar:master]

at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl$3.get(InjectorImpl.java:1001) [druid-services-master-selfcontained.jar:master]

at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.getInstance(InjectorImpl.java:1040) [druid-services-master-selfcontained.jar:master]

at io.druid.cli.CliPeon.run(CliPeon.java:225) [druid-services-master-selfcontained.jar:master]

at io.druid.cli.Main.main(Main.java:91) [druid-services-master-selfcontained.jar:master]

Caused by: com.metamx.common.ISE: Failed to run isReady

at io.druid.indexing.worker.executor.ExecutorLifecycle.start(ExecutorLifecycle.java:124) ~[druid-services-master-selfcontained.jar:master]

… 15 more

Caused by: com.metamx.common.ISE: Unable to grant lock to inactive Task [index_wikipedia_2015-10-05T14:12:53.318Z]

at io.druid.indexing.overlord.TaskLockbox.tryLock(TaskLockbox.java:224) ~[druid-services-master-selfcontained.jar:master]

at io.druid.indexing.overlord.TaskLockbox.tryLock(TaskLockbox.java:201) ~[druid-services-master-selfcontained.jar:master]

at io.druid.indexing.common.actions.LockTryAcquireAction.perform(LockTryAcquireAction.java:58) ~[druid-services-master-selfcontained.jar:master]

at io.druid.indexing.common.actions.LockTryAcquireAction.perform(LockTryAcquireAction.java:29) ~[druid-services-master-selfcontained.jar:master]

at io.druid.indexing.common.actions.LocalTaskActionClient.submit(LocalTaskActionClient.java:62) ~[druid-services-master-selfcontained.jar:master]

at io.druid.indexing.common.task.AbstractFixedIntervalTask.isReady(AbstractFixedIntervalTask.java:89) ~[druid-services-master-selfcontained.jar:master]

at io.druid.indexing.worker.executor.ExecutorLifecycle.start(ExecutorLifecycle.java:120) ~[druid-services-master-selfcontained.jar:master]

… 15 more

2015-10-05T14:12:59,217 ERROR [main] io.druid.cli.CliPeon - Error when starting up. Failing.

java.lang.NullPointerException

at io.druid.cli.CliPeon.run(CliPeon.java:225) [druid-services-master-selfcontained.jar:master]

at io.druid.cli.Main.main(Main.java:91) [druid-services-master-selfcontained.jar:master]

Hey Nicolae,

What command are you using to start this task?

curl -X ‘POST’ -H ‘Content-Type:application/json’ -d @examples/indexing/wikipedia_index_task.json boot2docker ip:8090/druid/indexer/v1/task

It is the example given in the tutorial. The file is accessible on that path (the task), and the "wikipedia_data.json data file is also accesible on the server side (I created the dir and put file there).

Thanks

Hi Nicolae, let me ask someone more familiar with the docker work to take a look.

Hi,

I recompiled to 0.8.1 inside the docker container and now it works smooth but slow (i am on mac and docker is virtualized in a virtual box - it imported 2M events totalizing 3GB in 13 minutes, but i will test with a bare metal env soon).

After upgrading to 0.8.3 we have the same error. Any suggestions??

I’m not sure what the problem is, but for a quick resolution, you can look at using https://hub.docker.com/r/imply/imply/ instead. It is Druid 0.8.2 packaged will all the dependencies you’ll need.