Overlord logs : Error

Hi Team, I can see below warning continuously in my overlord logs for our Kafka supervisor. PFB the sample :

WARN[KafkaSupervisor-DSLAM] io.druid.segment.indexing.DataSchema - No metricsSpec has been specified. Are you sure this is what you want ?

This is in spite of the metrics specified in Kafka supervisor.

Is this something known and should be ignored ? Do not see impact of this anywhere except this continuous logging for all our supervisor.

Regards,
Arpan

If you have specified metricsSpec in kafka supervisor and they are not being passed to the tasks, It might be due to a typo or due to specifying metrics at wrong place in the spec file.
Check your kafka supervisor spec file again and make sure metrics are specified correctly. If you still face the error, please share your supervisor spec for more details.

Hi Nishant, PFB the logs and PFA supervisor spec i am using

Logs for DSLAM supervisor

2017-04-19T05:15:47,270 WARN [KafkaSupervisor-DSLAM] io.druid.segment.indexing.DataSchema - No metricsSpec has been specified. Are you sure

this is what you want?

2017-04-19T05:15:47,270 WARN [KafkaSupervisor-DSLAM] io.druid.segment.indexing.DataSchema - No metricsSpec has been specified. Are you sure

this is what you want?

2017-04-19T05:15:47,271 WARN [KafkaSupervisor-DSLAM] io.druid.segment.indexing.DataSchema - No metricsSpec has been specified. Are you sure

this is what you want?

Logs for IL2S supervisor

2017-04-19T05:26:29,765 WARN [KafkaSupervisor-IL2S] io.druid.segment.indexing.DataSchema - No metricsSpec has been specified. Are you sure this is what you want?

2017-04-19T05:26:29,766 WARN [KafkaSupervisor-IL2S] io.druid.segment.indexing.DataSchema - No metricsSpec has been specified. Are you sure this is what you want?

2017-04-19T05:26:29,766 WARN [KafkaSupervisor-IL2S] io.druid.segment.indexing.DataSchema - No metricsSpec has been specified. Are you sure this is what you want?

Would you please be able to check my spec and let me know if there is any issue with that. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Arpan Khagram

+91 8308993200

yukon_il2s_kafka.json (2.47 KB)

yukon_dslam_kafka.json (9.12 KB)

There is a tab characters in both json files.
Please replace tab with white space.

I usually use jq command to sanitize the json files.

jq . < yukon_il2s_kafka.json > tmp && mv tmp yukon_il2s_kafka.json

Hi Kenji, I tried removing everything from JSON files but still the result is same. Anyways, it;s not impacting so im not worried much. Thanks.