Query/time metric does not appear in graphite or in the logs

Hi everyone,

I apologize in advance if something is unclear or not professional since I am a total beginner.

We have a test druid cluster and I am particularly interesting in monitoring the query time from my broker node, whose conf looks like this:

Extensions

druid.extensions.loadList=[“druid-kafka-indexing-service”, “druid-histogram”, “druid-datasketches”, “druid-lookups-cached-global”, “postgresql-metadata-storage”, “druid-s3-extensions”, “druid-avro-extensions”, “graphite-emitter”]

Zookeeper

druid.zk.service.host=$ZOOKEEPER_URL
druid.zk.paths.base=/druid

Logging

druid.startup.logging.logProperties=true
druid.indexer.logs.type=noop

Service discovery

druid.selectors.indexing.serviceName=druid/overlord
druid.selectors.coordinator.serviceName=druid/coordinator

Metadata storage

druid.metadata.storage.type=postgresql
druid.metadata.storage.connector.connectURI=$POSTGRES_URI
druid.metadata.storage.connector.user=$POSTGRES_USER
druid.metadata.storage.connector.password=$POSTGRES_PASSWORD

Misc

druid.javascript.enabled=true
druid.sql.enable=true

druid.cache.type=caffeine
druid.cache.sizeInBytes=$CACHE_SIZE

Storage type of double columns

druid.indexing.doubleStorage=double

#Monitoring

druid.monitoring.monitors=[“io.druid.java.util.metrics.JvmMonitor”, "io.druid.server.metrics.QueryCountStatsMonitor]
druid.emitter=graphite
druid.emitter.logging.logLevel=info
druid.emitter.graphite.hostname=druid-graphite-exporter.druid
druid.emitter.graphite.port=9109
druid.emitter.graphite.eventConverter={“type”:“all”, “namespacePrefix”: “druid”}
druid.emitter.graphite.protocol=plaintext

I would try doing this config, just to verify that your setup is functioning. It is the simplest emitter config that will actually do something. (Paired with a log4j2 config that allow logging at “info” level and higher.)

druid.emitter = logging

druid.emitter.logging.logLevel = info

And, silly question, but: are you making Druid queries (/druid/v2/ endpoint)? If not then you won’t get the query/time metric - it is emitted once per query.

It is not a silly question. I made the experimental queries only with the graphite emitter connected.

I just made another one with druid.emitter = logging and I got the query/time metric - so the problem is in the external emitter, which is exactly what I needed to know.

Thank you very very much and have a nice day

Grazie 1000