Quick start- start-nano-quickstart

Hi Team,
I’m facing the issue while running the druid on single node and executed with nano quick start

exception:

2021-12-09T13:29:25,465 INFO [main] org.apache.curator.utils.Compatibility - Using emulated InjectSessionExpiration
Exception in thread “main” java.lang.RuntimeException: com.google.inject.CreationException: Unable to create injector, see the following errors:

1. Unknown provider[mysql] of Key[type=org.apache.druid.metadata.MetadataStorageConnector, annotation=[none]], known options[[derby]]
    at org.apache.druid.guice.PolyBind.createChoiceWithDefault(PolyBind.java:109) (via modules: com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule → com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule → org.apache.druid.metadata.storage.derby.DerbyMetadataStorageDruidModule) while locating org.apache.druid.metadata.MetadataStorageConnector
    for the 1st parameter of org.apache.druid.guice.JacksonConfigManagerModule.getConfigManager(JacksonConfigManagerModule.java:52)
    at org.apache.druid.guice.JacksonConfigManagerModule.getConfigManager(JacksonConfigManagerModule.java:52) (via modules: com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule → com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule → org.apache.druid.guice.JacksonConfigManagerModule)
    while locating org.apache.druid.common.config.ConfigManager
    for the 1st parameter of org.apache.druid.common.config.JacksonConfigManager.(JacksonConfigManager.java:54)
    at org.apache.druid.guice.JacksonConfigManagerModule.configure(JacksonConfigManagerModule.java:41) (via modules: com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule → com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule → org.apache.druid.guice.JacksonConfigManagerModule)
    while locating org.apache.druid.common.config.JacksonConfigManager
    for the 1st parameter of org.apache.druid.guice.JacksonConfigProvider.configure(JacksonConfigProvider.java:65)
    at org.apache.druid.guice.JacksonConfigProvider.bind(JacksonConfigProvider.java:38) (via modules: com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule → com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule → org.apache.druid.cli.CliOverlord$1)

2. Unknown provider[mysql] of Key[type=org.apache.druid.server.audit.AuditManagerProvider, annotation=[none]], known options[[derby]]
    at org.apache.druid.guice.PolyBind.createChoiceWithDefault(PolyBind.java:109) (via modules: com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule → com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule → org.apache.druid.metadata.storage.derby.DerbyMetadataStorageDruidModule)
    while locating org.apache.druid.server.audit.AuditManagerProvider
    at org.apache.druid.cli.CliCoordinator$1.configure(CliCoordinator.java:206) (via modules: com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule → com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule → org.apache.druid.cli.CliCoordinator$1)
    while locating org.apache.druid.audit.AuditManager
    for the 4th parameter of org.apache.druid.common.config.JacksonConfigManager.(JacksonConfigManager.java:54)
    at org.apache.druid.guice.JacksonConfigManagerModule.configure(JacksonConfigManagerModule.java:41) (via modules: com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule → com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule → org.apache.druid.guice.JacksonConfigManagerModule)
    while locating org.apache.druid.common.config.JacksonConfigManager
    for the 1st parameter of org.apache.druid.guice.JacksonConfigProvider.configure(JacksonConfigProvider.java:65)
    at org.apache.druid.guice.JacksonConfigProvider.bind(JacksonConfigProvider.java:38) (via modules: com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule → com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule → org.apache.druid.cli.CliOverlord$1)

I followd the Official documentation but still getting these exceptions

druid.extensions.loadList=[“druid-hdfs-storage”, “druid-kafka-indexing-service”, “druid-datasketches”, “mysql-metadata-storage”]

For MySQL (make sure to include the MySQL JDBC driver on the classpath):

#druid.extensions.loadList=[“mysql-metadata-storage”]
druid.metadata.storage.type=mysql
druid.metadata.storage.connector.connectURI=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/druid
druid.metadata.storage.connector.user=druid
druid.metadata.storage.connector.password=druid

/home/centos/druid-0.22.0/extensions/mysql-metadata-storage

mysql-connector-java-5.1.23.jar
mysql-connector-java-5.1.48.jar
mysql-connector-java-5.1.49.jar

Please …

I need help what it is cause to not running druid in single node machine.

Things I've tried
References
Architecture
Logs ``` You can paste your logs here. For this category, the Broker logs are most important, as are metrics about your segments. ```

Relates to Apache Druid

Druid version: druid-0.22.0

please help to solve this exception

Thanks
Prasanna

Hey Prasanna!

I wrote this post a while ago now, but the principles should be the same for you to check through:

It could be that you didn’t copy the jars?

Also I wonder if the load list is taking effect. If memory serves, you can use the status API to see what each process actually has loaded:

If you see that result does not include the mysql extensions, it’s quite possible that you’re editing the incorrect runtime properties files.

Hi @petermarshallio

Thanks for your quick reply, actully it cant load the UI how can i see the status and `/status/health?

i downloaded the jar files to

/home/centos/druid-0.22.0/extensions/mysql-metadata-storage

and i gave 755 permissions. But it dosen’t work.

Thanks
Prasanna

Hi Prasanna,

If you followed the instructions on the quickstart page, Druid should install without any issues and because it is a single node installation, even environmental issues should theoretically not cause issues

That you are getting MYSQL issues tells me that this may not be a true quickstart install (quickstart should use Derby and not MYSQL) I’d suggest getting the vanilla install to work before trying out more complex config changes.

1 Like

Hi @Vijeth_Sagar,

Noted, thanks for the valuable point, I’ll try in Vanilla install.

Thanks
Prasanna