Supporting druid on windows

Hi Folks,
I have started started playing around with druid, trying to integrate kafka with it.

Unfortunately right now my development box is windows and I was able to get the druid services up and running on windows.

So I am just posting what we need to get this to working:

1. get cygwin
    From now on run all commands via cygwwin

2. download dos2unix and run dos2unixon following files from root of druid folder
    dos2unix.exe bin\init
    dos2unix.exe bin*
    dos2unix.exe conf-quickstart\druid**
    dos2unix.exe conf-quickstart\druid\broker*
    dos2unix.exe conf-quickstart\druid\coordinator*
    dos2unix.exe conf-quickstart\druid\historical*
    dos2unix.exe conf-quickstart\druid\middleManager*
    dos2unix.exe conf-quickstart\druid\overlord*
    dos2unix.exe conf-quickstart\druid_common*

3. To start all the services (start zookeeper before)

java `cat conf-quickstart/druid/historical/jvm.config | xargs` -cp "conf-quickstart/druid/_common;conf-quickstart/druid/historical;lib/*" io.druid.cli.Main server historical
java `cat conf-quickstart/druid/broker/jvm.config | xargs` -cp "conf-quickstart/druid/_common;conf-quickstart/druid/broker;lib/*" io.druid.cli.Main server broker
java `cat conf-quickstart/druid/coordinator/jvm.config | xargs` -cp "conf-quickstart/druid/_common;conf-quickstart/druid/coordinator;lib/*" io.druid.cli.Main server coordinator
java `cat conf-quickstart/druid/overlord/jvm.config | xargs` -cp "conf-quickstart/druid/_common;conf-quickstart/druid/overlord;lib/*" io.druid.cli.Main server overlord
java `cat conf-quickstart/druid/middleManager/jvm.config | xargs` -cp "conf-quickstart/druid/_common;conf-quickstart/druid/middleManager;lib/*" io.druid.cli.Main server middleManager

Replace : with ; from the above commands

Probable prerequiste for hadoop to work on windows you may need:
hadoop winutils.exe and HADOOP_HOME set to the root dir of winutils

Next I will try to ingest data from kafka to druid, in case I encounter any windows related issue I will update here.

Thanks
Sachin