Tranquility core fails to send data to druid cluster with Failed to create merged beam error

Hi,

My application is unable to send data to a multi-node druid setup. Following error is show in application log:

Failed to send message: %sjava.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to create merged beam: druid:overlord/pageviews

``

Upon further investigation i found following contents under zk node : /tranquility/beams/druid:overlord/pageviews/data

{“latestTime”:“1970-01-01T00:00:00.000Z”,“latestCloseTime”:“1970-01-01T00:00:00.000Z”,“beams”:{}}

``

No task can be seen running on the coordinator console. However there are no errors for any of the druid processes.

I am running coordinator and overlord on same machine and middle manager and historical on another machine. I have setup Mysql as metadata store and using HDFS as deep store.

The same application is able to send data to a single node druid using quickstart configuration. Any idea what could be the issue with setup or tranquility?

Thanks,

Prathamesh

Hard to tell whats wrong, without looking at configs and full logs,
can you share your complete tranquility logs and configs ?

Hi Nishant,

The root cause for this error was that *java.io.tmpdir *was not writable location. However there was no indication in the logs of overlord. All i could see was failed task in my application and entries under zookeeper node **/tranquility/beams/druid:****overlord//data **as shown below :

{“latestTime”:“1970-01-01T00:00:00.000Z”,“latestCloseTime”:“1970-01-01T00:00:00.000Z”,“beams”:{}}

It was only after enabling debug logging that i came to know the issue with directory.

Thanks,

Prathamesh