Trying to use Docker

Hi all,

I am getting an error when trying to build the docker image.

Can anyone give me an help here?

Step 5/18 : RUN mvn -B -ff -q dependency:go-offline install -Pdist,bundle-contrib-exts -DskipTests -Danimal.sniffer.skip=true -Dcheckstyle.skip=true -Denforcer.skip=true -Dforbiddenapis.skip=true -Dmaven.javadoc.skip=

true -Dpmd.skip=true -Dspotbugs.skip=true

—> Running in bfe31275bc65

: invalid option

[ERROR] Command execution failed.

org.apache.commons.exec.ExecuteException: Process exited with an error: 1 (Exit value: 1)

at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.executeInternal (DefaultExecutor.java:404)

at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.execute (DefaultExecutor.java:166)

at org.codehaus.mojo.exec.ExecMojo.executeCommandLine (ExecMojo.java:804)

at org.codehaus.mojo.exec.ExecMojo.executeCommandLine (ExecMojo.java:751)

at org.codehaus.mojo.exec.ExecMojo.execute (ExecMojo.java:313)

at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo (DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:137)

at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute (MojoExecutor.java:210)

at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute (MojoExecutor.java:156)

at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute (MojoExecutor.java:148)

at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject (LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:117)

at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject (LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:81)

at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build (SingleThreadedBuilder.java:56)

at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute (LifecycleStarter.java:128)

at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute (DefaultMaven.java:305)

at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute (DefaultMaven.java:192)

at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute (DefaultMaven.java:105)

at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute (MavenCli.java:957)

at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain (MavenCli.java:289)

at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main (MavenCli.java:193)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0 (Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Method.java:498)

at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced (Launcher.java:282)

at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch (Launcher.java:225)

at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode (Launcher.java:406)

at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main (Launcher.java:347)

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.6.0:exec (build-console) on project druid-console: Command execution failed. Process exited with an error: 1 (Exit value: 1) -> [Help 1]

[ERROR]

[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.

[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.

[ERROR]

[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:

[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException

[ERROR]

[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command

[ERROR] mvn -rf :druid-console

The command '/bin/sh -c mvn -B -ff -q dependency:go-offline install -Pdist,bundle-contrib-exts -DskipTests -Danimal.sniffer.skip=true -Dcheckstyle.skip=true -Denforcer.skip=true -Dforbiddenapis.skip=true -Dmaven.javad

oc.skip=true -Dpmd.skip=true -Dspotbugs.skip=true’ returned a non-zero code: 1

Are you building from head? If yes, try building from a tagged version. I know building from 18.1 was working a couple weeks ago.

I already tried with 18.1 :frowning:

Hi,

It seems you are running into maven download issues, are you running this behind a firewall or some other network issue.
I just tried following and docker builds fine.

git checkout druid-0.18.1
docker build -t apache/druid:druid-0.18.1 -f distribution/docker/Dockerfile .

Hi,

I also tried with the firewall off and it doesn’t work.
Always fails on the same step.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.6.0:exec (build-console) on project druid-console: Command execution failed. Process exited with an error
: 1 (Exit value: 1) ->
I am using Docker for Windows with WSL2, but it should not make any difference.

Just to check the basics, are you building from the root of the project on in distrib/docker ?