Update from 0.8 to 0.9

Hi,

i try to update from 0.8.2 to 0.9.1, but when i start the coordinator and the history node, i get allways “Found [0] available segments”, while rules are showed as found, which means the coordinator can read from mysql.

I’m able to see in the log file, that the historical node has announced to the coordinator node and that the coordinator node has acknowledged that.

Does this come from Updating from 0.8.x to 0.9.x and i can’t use my old data from segments? I didn’t find any information about this, but as there is a 0.8.x to 0.9 update instruction i think it should be possible to use “old” segments.

Thank you

see inline

Hi,

i try to update from 0.8.2 to 0.9.1, but when i start the coordinator and the history node, i get allways “Found [0] available segments”, while rules are showed as found, which means the coordinator can read from mysql.

I’m able to see in the log file, that the historical node has announced to the coordinator node and that the coordinator node has acknowledged that.

This is strange, are you using the same metastore URI ?

Does this come from Updating from 0.8.x to 0.9.x and i can’t use my old data from segments? I didn’t find any information about this, but as there is a 0.8.x to 0.9 update instruction i think it should be possible to use “old” segments.

Yes it is totally possible to keep using the old segments.

Are you missing data ?

Hi Slim,

thank you for your answer!

The metastore URI is the same, because i store it in the common properties configuration file. I activated the query logging of mariadb and i can’t see any select to the druid_segments table, just this three select every minute.

161013 14:32:11 3 Query SELECT 1

3 Query SELECT payload FROM druid_config WHERE name = ‘lookups’

3 Query SELECT 1

3 Query SELECT payload FROM druid_config WHERE name = ‘coordinator.config’

5 Query SELECT 1

5 Query SELECT r.dataSource, r.payload FROM druid_rules r INNER JOIN(SELECT dataSource, max(version) as version FROM druid_rules GROUP BY dataSource) ds ON r.datasource = ds.datasource and r.version = ds.version

While the metadata Configuration

druid.metadata.storage.type=mysql

druid.metadata.storage.connector.connectURI=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/druid

druid.metadata.storage.connector.user=druid

druid.metadata.storage.connector.password=password

This works with v0.8 and when i start the 0.9 to a new snapshot of the 0.8 database, i see it creates the new tables (druid_supervisor, druid_datasource), which means that he can connect to mysql.

Are you using the mysql-metadata-storage extension from 0.9.1 or are you still loading the 0.8.2 one? A number of people have had strange metadata issues using the old extension with 0.9.1, so make sure you’ve updated your extensions as well.

Hi David,

gotcha - that was it. I previously tested it with v0.9.0 and didn’t thought about to download the extension for v0.9.1. After updating the extension it worked as excepted :slight_smile:

Thanks

Matt