Where to see logs of all the Druid components?

Hello,

I am trying to find the logs of the broker, coordinator, etc. Can someone point to the location where I can find these logs?

I see on various questions to read the logs for debugging but I am not able to find where the logs are located.

Hello,

How are you running the druid services? We are running them like this:

exec java -cp /etc/druid/broker:/opt/druid/current/lib/* -server -Xmx12g -Xms12g -XX:NewSize=512m -XX:MaxNewSize=512m -XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=20g -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Duser.timezone=UTC -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.logging.log4j.jul.LogManager -Djava.io.tmpdir=/tmp -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=17071 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -Duser.timezone=UTC -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 io.druid.cli.Main server broker 2>&1 | logger -t druid-broker

So, all the output it is added to /var/log/syslog with a tag “druid-broker” in this case.

That’s the way he have it configured and it works to us.

HTH

Druid uses slf4j and ships with log4j2 by default. So any valid log4j2 config should work (examples at https://github.com/druid-io/druid/tree/druid-0.9.1.1/common/src/main/resources )

Internally we use the syslog appender packaged with log4j2 to great success.

You can pass the jvm flag “-Dlog4j.configuration={path to file}” while starting each druid service.
By using this flag you can pass a different log4j configuration file to each service hence enabling you to set a different log file for each service(if using file appender).